Thursday, May 29, 2008

I peed a little

Monday was my inspection (yes, I am behind on posting). I brought my dad because the place has issues with electrical work. As we pull up, I notice the house looks very different then I remember. The whole front wall was gone. Gone diddy gone gone. I freaked! Saturday night was a major rain storm and distroyed Hugo MN.

In a daze, I walk up to my inspector. He was on the phone. All I heard was "yes, she just got here. I will let her know". My heart sunk. I was convinced that the wall fell and it was going to be something I had to fix. There was no way I could afford that so I would have to pass on the house.

The housing gods were smiling upon me. I guess the city of MPLS demanded that the bank replace the front wall before they sold it to me. I nearly peed in excitment! The retaining wall was horrible and would have had to be replace. The new wall would cost at least 10K because it is very long.

I was also going to have to wait to plant in the front because it was so unstable. Now I can plant an entire herb garden!

No comments: