Monday, May 19, 2008

"I don't have to be perfect"

The last house that me and my Realtor went to was a home described as a "3+ bedroom on rare NE cul-de-sac". I know that a cul-de-sac in the cities just a dead-end, or as I call it, a "ghetto culdasak".
My first impression of the house was that it was a 'nice old house'. It had hardwood floors, big windows and a lot of character.

I was walking around until I heard my Realtor laugh. I went in the room he was in and there was a chalkboard with some inspiring words..."I don't have to be perfect". Sad but funny.

The house was nice but it was like the design was submitted via Lincoln logs. It seriously looked like rooms were made due to how many pieces were left. I can picture the 10 year-old kid saying "oh, here is another room, and right here. Mom! Do we have another box? Yes, ok. Here is another room."
It was like that re-accruing dream I have that I live in a house that has numerous unknown rooms. *seriously, that is a dream I often have.

*Every time I reference Lincoln Logs, I think of Michael and our camping trip. We went to Jay Cook and on the way up we passed a field of wood. We were on walki-talkies and he tapped in - "best Lincoln Log project ever!" We drank Hamms beer, talked about the gay burrito, pee'd on ourselves (only Michael), and fell into the fire by slipping on a package of Cheddar-worst there by burning the hand and changing the marriage line (that was me).

No comments: