Friday, May 16, 2008

First home

I knew the first home was not going to be good. I actually planned it that way. I have a history of going for the first thing I see. Every other apt I have looked at I have signed a lease on the first one.

I did not want that to happen again so I was very happy to learn that the first house was not what I wanted. Mission complete:


On the outside it looks OK. But a picture can tell a thousand lies. The picture was taken before the place was boarded up. I have a creative mind and can see behind the cat smell.

Walking in, the stairs were crumbled. Then most of the windows were boarded up, which I understand to avoid squatters. I could see past that and the stained carpet, because, who really would ever put cream carpet in any house!

The thing about this house was the bathroom. I love bathrooms. I love my BTFA: Bath time for Annie. I love to be able to have a hamper in the bathroom and both my robes. I have sooooo much bath product that I need the extra space.

Past the kitchen was stairs. It was not on the floor plan, but a pleasant surprise. The upstairs was so wide and spacious. I could really see myself having my bedroom on the lower level and my studio and office upstairs. Oh, I thought I was in heaven, until it came to my attention that the floor was so un-even that I could jump and land in the basement....

NEXT

No comments: