Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The bank


There are only a few things I hate in this world. Going to the post office, taking out the trash and going to the bank. I try my best to avoid said dreaded things. If I could, I would never do any of the three hated things. However, I would never have stamps, my apt would smell like trash covering the kitty poo-poo and I would have to hid all my money in my mattress.

My Realtor informed me that I would have to go to the bank to get a cashier check for the earnest money for the home. When he told me, shivers went through my spine. I knew nothing good would come from it.

I woke up earlier on Saturday to go the bank. The nearest TCF is on Lake street in the Cub Foods. I knew it was not going to be good.

So I get there and the line is about 15 deep. There was nothing I could do because I had no idea where the next bank was. Hating banks as much as I do, I am not familar with where they are located.

After about an hour, I finally made it to the front. During the time in the line, I figured each person needed 10-15 minutes. All I had to do was deposit some checks and get a cashier check. Simple, right? So I got all my checks deposited and when I asked for a cashier check, they told me I needed two forms of ID or my checkbook and an ID. I only carry a major credit card and my drivers license. Who carries two forms of ID? Who carries their checkbook? This is 2008! Most places don't even accept checks!

One more reason why I hate banks....

No comments: