Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reasons I hate the suburbs

I can't believe I forgot to post this story last week. So, I had to go to Second Deput to drop off some work-related stuff. I was going to make it out their earlier in the week, but the traffic was too bad.

Saturday morning I woke up, cleaned and then headed out to St. Louis Park. I have always hated the suburbs for many reasons. The streets don't make since and the people are mean. However, my job made me go.

I thought I would be nice and buy some cookies for the employees. Knowing there was a Panera Bread up the road, I thought it would also be a great time to pick up some iced coffee.

The Panara was only a few blocks away, but it took FOREVER! The traffic was horrible. So I get there and I was standing in line and this bitch cut in front of me. I could not believe it! She just performed cuttizies! I blew it off and finally made my order. I got cookies and iced coffee. I was excited because it was really warm and I could be in my car for a while. After I ordered....and paid....the clerk informed me they did not have iced coffee. WTF! Who has coffee and no iced coffee. It is just coffee with ice. It is not that hard, people.

I finally get back to my car with my hot coffee and realized what was going on. A block up was a parade going on. Not only was the traffic stopped, but I could not turn left because it was blocked. My plan was to go up a block and turn around.

20 minutes later I finally make it past the light. I pull a Uie and head back towards the store. I thought "I finally have a break" when I was just about to go thought the light stopped by the parade. However, a cop jumps in front of me and starts blowing her whistle.

I turn off my engine and wait for the parade to pass by again. I had to watch the crappy marching band and cub foods. I got excited again because the Star Wars crew was going to pass by. However, right before they were going to come out, the bitch cop waved me to pass.

I get to the store with my cookies in hand. The first thing I noticed was a big tray of cookies to great patrons. I guess they wanted something extra special for those shopping after the parade. Great thing I spent all that time getting cookies for them!

So I decided to look around. They have a great area devoted to paintings. I figured I may find something for my new house at a reasonable price. I found the perfect painting! It was a fabric painting that would look great above my couch. Perfect color, perfect size and a perfect price. So I bought it. Only after I brought it to my car did I realize that it would not fit in the Saturn On (someone stole the i).

After 30 minutes I walked back in to the store defeated. I tried everything, but there was no way it was going to fit. I had to leave it :(

The good thing is yesterday Dustin and I picked it up and it fit in his car. Here is a really bad picture of another reminder why I had the suburbs.

1 comment:

HappyKid said...

Funny that is so typical of city driving too..... You are funny!