Sunday, June 22, 2008

Question answered



After two years, I have never opened this cabinet in my apartment. The cabinet in question is located in my kitchen. I have never had an issue with cupboard space so I never bothered prying open the said cupboard.

So last night I was packing up my kitchen and I realized I had no idea what was in there. I was so intrigued with the possible treasures that could live inside. Would it be old-timey pictures for years ago. Maybe gold bars or love letters. Oooohhhh, maybe it was a door to a third dimension!

I grabbed the appropriate tools (a knife) and pried it open. What laid inside? a sheet of glass and two sticky-back flooring squares. The squares were not even from a previous floor, it was the stuff on the floor right now.

Yeah, so I started thinking about how disappointed I was in the finds. I am temped to write a letter explaining what life is like in 2008 and my experience of living in the apt. However, I would feel like such a stupid-face if the next person opens it right away. So guess what I did? Guess!?! I wrote a letter dated 1973. He he!

No comments: