Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's day


I was gonna spend the day with my father, Jack, or who I like to call Patricia. The plan was to go over to my brother, John, or who I like to call Corey, and spend the day with him and little John. However, my dad decided to visit my brother on Friday and didn't want to drive alllllll the way to Andover again.

Kids are not even on my radar right now, but if I was going to have kids anytime soon I would want them to be EXACTLY like little John. He is the cutest little baby I have every seen. The second he sees a camera he is all over it. The little guy adores the camera. He can go from crying to striking a pose with shutter speed.

Zelika, my brother's wife who I call Zelika, had to go to work. This left me and my brother alone. To put it simply, we are not a family that talks. The less we know of each other the better. Before she left she told Corey and I to spend the afternoon talking. She said, and I quote (reason for putting quote around it) "You two have not seen each other in a while. Talk about your future plans and what is going on in your life."

Ur, ah.....my brother and I looked at each other and in unison said "sure". The second she left we headed down to the basement for some bonding time. That is when he went to the computer room and I plopped down on the couch to watch tv. Little John was taking a nap so I got a couple hours of cable in.

I believe it is an important time to mention that I do not have cable, nor have I ever had it. Therefore, when ever I have access to it, I go nuts! I can watch hours upon end and be very happy. Yesterday I found this wonderful channel called HGTV. It is all about home and garden work! Oh man, I drooled a little. I watched it for hours and got so many great ideas for my house. Seriously, I watched it for 6 hours straight. Now I have a new obsession, checking out the HGTV website (cause I am too cheap to actually pay for cable).

The moral of the story is I have an issue with becoming obsessed with things....

No comments: