Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I LOVE APPLES!!!!


I like apples just as much as the next person. They are great for the teeth and yummy. However, I don't love them as much as the person that designed the kitchen. They used apple wall paper, apple drapes and apple tiles....Or so I thought.

The apple tiles looked DIY mainly because they were covered with this yellow film-y stuff. I first tried scraping them off and that didn't work. Then I tried putting hot water on them to sofen the film up. Fail again. Finally I went to find something in the cleaning box I recieved from my mother.

My mom likes to steal. It doesn't really matter what it is, she just likes to steal things. I still have over half a roll of trash bags she stole (this after using them to bag leafs, gutting the basement and all other rooms in the house.) She also stole industrial cleaning supplise. I figured something in that stock would be strong enough to take off the film.

I found some extrememly toxic film meant to clean foorboards that could take a smile off of Jesus. After opening up all the windows and putting on a gas-mask, I started stripping. Not fun. It took a lot, but after many hours, I started picking the apples.

In the process I also realized they painted the tile so, yeah, double the work!

No comments: