Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where to start?

Again, there are so many things wrong with the kitchen, it is difficult to know where to start. The kitchen is very small and the cabinets are a very dark brown. I knew the wood was too old to re-finish. Plus I don't think it is real wood. After watching HGTV I learned how to paint the cabinets so I figured I would start there.

The second big thing was the floor. No matter how much I cleaned it, it still looked dirty. I plan on actually gutting the kitchen in a couple years so I don't want to spend too much time/money on it. Sticky floor is the way to go.

Budget update:
Cabinet paint - large: 24
Cabinet paint - small: 13
Paint scraper: 8
Wood puddy: 8
Spreader thingy: 3
Foam roller: 4
Floor - two boxes: 64

Total - $124

Amount left: $376

No comments: