Monday, April 20, 2009

Kitchen challenge

Last week I arrived in Raleigh NC with a hangover and time to kill. The best thing about traveling for work is the hotels have cable and cable has HGTV...and I love HGTV!

I just did my taxes and Obama is giving me $7,500 for buying a house last year. I have decided to spend that money on fixing up the house. I know that all the home improvement projects would cost 10 times that, but it is a start.

On of the most horrendous rooms in the house is the kitchen. It is all sorts of bad. So bad that it needs to be 100% gutted. New everything. It is so bad that I would need new, new everything to make it nice.

Some of the money is already dedicated to other projects, but I am saving $500 for the kitchen. Yes, that is not nearly enough for a re-model. I need a new stove, floor, coubbords...well, everything. This is a 'face-lift' so it looks less horrible.

No comments: