Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tile - what to do?


After stripping the paint from the tile, I realized that it was the same tile as the bathroom. A nice white tile with gold speckles. I can paint the bathroom because it will never stick due to the heat and water. The bathroom was easy because I could take attention away from the tile with the cool shower curtain, plants and textured window treatment.

I obviously could paint the tile in the kitchen because it was painted before and I never knew. Even Holly didn't know and she is a perfectionist! She has been painting her headboard for about two weeks now because she keeps seeing different colors and brush strokes.

At first I thought I could do some cool tile work. Above the sink I tried to add a pattern between the red and grey. The problem was that I like to drink beer while doing work house work. Straight lines don't mix well with beer.

No comments: