Friday, December 26, 2008

Tim the toolman


When I was younger, I would come home after sports practice (yes, back in the day I actually played sports) and sit in front of the tv. I loved Home Improvement. Now it is starting to make since with the house. I never thought I would actually ever use anything I learned from the show, but fast-forward to 2008.

I am standing in my kitchen doing dishes. I turn on the light and it burnt out. I have this weird fear of changing light bulbs. Basically I hate all the dead buggies that live in the cover thingy. However, it was the only light in the kitchen and Holly was at work. Plus I am no longer renting the buggies, I own them now.

There was a problem. There was something blocking the light blub place. It was the old twisty thing from the last light bulb. I tried twisting it out with my fingers, but it didn't work. Then I remember what Tim Allen did on the show. He was showing Allen that when this happends, you can use a sliced potato to get it loose. I also remembered to turn the light off because Tim didn't and he got shocked. It worked!

No comments: