Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tile job



My back hall was is done, but it might be the most expensive tile job in the history of tile jobs due to the medical bills. It started off as a simple project that turned into something so much more.

I started using tile I bought for the bathroom. My dad talked me out of putting tile down because we would probably have to gut the entire room before I sell the place. I measured and had enough for the space. However, I did not account for me getting mad and going 'smashy smashy' when I could not get a cut right.

The first attempt was a total fail. I ran out of tile and they no longer carried it at Home Depot. I tried to match it, but the difference in color would kill me, even though it is in the closet.

Attempt two started off good. I bought new tile that I liked and there was a large stock at Menards (I got mad at Home Depot. They pay their employees less and Menards offers health insurance to all full-time employees.) Then I ran into the corners that needed a special cut. The cutting thingy (technical term) I bought sucked and I was running into the same 'smashy smashy' problem from before.

To avoid going back to the hospital from this project, I called my mom and she brought over all her tools. It made the project so much easier, but she also brought over a bottle of booze so we got very little done. One more weekend of work and I was finished. It looks so pretty and I literally put my blood, sweat and tears into it.

No comments: