Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day one

Growing up, I remember my Aunt Shelly being a person of authority. She would yell at me for simple things like trying to ride her Doberman like a horse. Crazy, I know.

The first thing we had to do was weed. So much weeding. The first day consisted of weeding a small spot and planting two large plants. That was easy. Then we had a day off and I was suppose to weed the large wall. I worked for about an hour and then went to the beach. Shelly was not very happy with me after that, and she had every right.

Funny story: while we were weeding, the neighbor had a guest in town. He was a very attractive hippy-man with bright blue eyes. He stopped by to let us know the weeds we were pulling actually were a plant he uses for hippy-style salads. However, he did not help, he just grazed on the 'weed'.

In the end, the part of the wall looks amazing. I could not have done it without the help of my super fantastic aunt. The problem is, I kind of hate her because she looks a billion times better than me, yet is a few years older. Grrr.

No comments: