Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Unexpected yard work


My yard has gone to hell. Really, just gone to hell. My yard is sitting down there with Hitler, Satan and Barney talking about the weather. The reason: I can't spend a lot of time outside without making my scar even more noticeable. This has lead to my co-workers telling people I am a vampire (when asked, it is not a new development. Rather, it happened about 300 years ago, so I guess it is a new development in vampire years).

I woke up super early to people working outside. I was pissed and going to egg the neighbor responsible. However, I was lazy so I just got ready for work. Later that day, Holly texted me to tell me CenterPoint came to the door, asking to come in. They were working on the gas line and didn't bother to tell me before hand. Holly told them the owner was at work and she was the roommate.

I called and called and called, but didn't get an answer. The next day I stayed home for a while to see if they would come. They did not. Finally I got a hold of the foreman’s number and told him I was the owner and wanted to know what was going on. He called back and said he couldn't give me any information until he could talk to the owner. He said, "I would be happy to talk to him, but he needs to call me." That is when I reminded him that I was the owner and he got all flustered. Oh memories. Memories of buying the house and all the people telling me they could wait until my husband showed up.

It turned out my address just turned up as being next on the block for new pipes. They were old and needed to be replaced.

No comments: