Wednesday, October 1, 2008

U-Haul Sucks!!!


Holly was scheduled to move on 9/21. Her mother was coming to town the next weekend so we had to get it done two weeks early. Yeah, the plan did not work.

So we woke up early on Sunday to work on the room and get ready to move. Holly had the truck rented, but did not have a line up of help. Sunday afternoon is not the best time to get people to help because, well it was a Sunday afternoon.

**note** the night before I really hurt my thumb and was missing half my nail. I couldn't lift anything with out the skin that should be where a nail traditionally should be would get all big.

The only other person we could get to help us was Michael. We love Michael. So we get the truck filled and Michael says, 'you got the keys' and Holly says, 'yes'. She had a key, but it was not for the lock.

We get back to the house and couldn't get into the truck. I had to find a neighbor that could break into the lock. Who-da-thunk that the guy two houses down had a tool that actually could cut through steel lock! 10 minutes later we had access to the truck and I have a new favorite neighbor!

No comments: