Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Feral Cat = Mewski


Wikipedia describes a feral cat as one that has not been domesticate and through abandonment, loss, or running away, and becomes wild. The term may also refer to descendants of such cats, but not to wild cats, whose ancestors were never domesticated. That is my little Mewska. She spent the first year of her life on the mean streets of St. Cloud before she was rescued.

I had Mewska, aka moo-moo, for about 2 years before we moved into the house. After a couple weeks, she was heading for the door. I would let her out, but there are a bunch of major streets and I don't want a cat-pancake. I decided to let her out when I could control her and make sure she didn't go far. I got a leash and let her out.

At first getting the leash on her was not fun. After spending some time outside she started to understand that a leash would mean that she could spend time in the sun.

The first picture is of her loving being outside, the other is of her wanting to run far away.

No comments: