Sunday, June 20, 2010

Get-er-done


Yes, another sob story about my yard. I almost found a short term solution by using my neighbor's law mower. He has a shed and I only have to get it down one step. That worked great once, but then he asked me to put lotion on his back because it was burnt. The man is about 70. I can't get that image out of my head.

So, the natural garden production has just become top priority! Step one is removing all the grass. I thought, 'sweet, I will just dig it up!' Then I realized how lazy I am and only got a couple feet. After talking with my dad, he told me to put carpet down and it will kill the grass. Let me tell you, it looks all sorts of classy. I love the Super Man blue. It adds a bit of color.

Where did all the carpet come from? It has been sitting in my garage since I bought the place. The entire house had this overly gross, stained carpet that I had to pull out the first couple days. So, not only did I get to handle this disgusting carpet once, I got to do it again. And I get to handle it again after it has been sitting outside for a few weeks. Great.

Side note: I called my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day and he said he will try to be a better father by spraying poison on my yard. I am going to let him do it in the front because I think I would get hate mail from my neighbors if I put carpet down in the front. Oh, and he asked if I was going to vacuum it.

1 comment:

Randolph Coleson said...

How did everything go? Were you able to remove all that grass? Did the carpet trick work? By the looks of the first picture, you need to get a lot of 'em out of your yard's system, and you need to move the carpets from one place to another to cover the entire area. Oh, and could you please share some progress photos, too? Thanks, in advance!