Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Damn you Hot Dog!


Last year I got this idea to test the back retaining wall to see what would grow with very little work. All of the vegetables died within a couple weeks, but the strawberry plants did very well. I didn't have to do anything but put them in the ground and water for the first few days.

Actually, putting them in the ground was kind of hard. I have to dig a lot and the ground was really solid. It took about an hour because I had to dig up the first layer of grass and weeds and then dig a hole.

A year later and the strawberry's are still alive! My new dream is to have a large berry patch in the back yard with raspberry's, strawberry's and other Berry's I need to research before I plant them.

I double checked on them today and they were still good. However, the berry's were all half eaten. I think I can blame my yard bunny, Hot Dog, and his bunny friends. I am still hopeful because I will probably never remember to pick them and I will have so many that some will survive.

No comments: