Sunday, November 9, 2008

Damn Fernando


Before I bought the house, I researched the previous owner. In 2006 Fernando bought the house for 80K more then my offer. Soon I discovered that Fernando and his family really had no intention on paying for their house - they just wanted a play to live until they were kicked out.

According to the neighbors, there were about 15 people living in the house. Yes, it is 1,300 square feet, but that only covers 5 people max. The number of people living here meant that some people had to live in the basement. There is a small room in the basement that someone was living in.

My mom and I had to tear out most of the walls in the basement because Fernando tried to seal the copper, but was caught so when I turned on the water it went everywhere. This lead to 'Damn Fernando', a term that was coined after learning about the things Fernando and his peeps did.

Now cut to me and my mom cleaing up the basement. She wanted to take down the ceiling, but I was a little concerned because there was a light and we were standing in about 2 inches of water. Yeah, I thought we were going to die.

After my mom was half way through taking down the ceiling, she asked if I turned off the electricity. Luckily, Fernando actually took a lap, cut off the top and made it into an overhead light. It even required a plug-in.

We kept it because my dad is an electrician and he would get a kick out of it.

No comments: