Wednesday, January 21, 2009

THEY...ARE...GONE..


I don't 100% know how I feel about this. The economy is crap and so many people are losing their homes. It is really sad, especially when there are children involved.

I have been complaining about my neighbors across the street since I moved in. They would hangout on the street until all hours of the night during the summer. They had two dogs, one pit bull in the back and a small yappi dog in the front. When they would get picked up, they would honk the horn over and over and over and over.

I came home a couple days ago and say a for-sale sign in the front. I was super excited because I thought it would only be a couple more months of them. They would probably sell by the summer! Then I realized that the lights were out and no one shoveled for days. Then I was sad again. They got foreclosed on and had three children.

Once I got over feeling bad, I checked to see if it was already listed. It was! I could not believe they actually were asking 150K for the place. Plus, the place looks really small, but is 4 bedroom and 2 bath.

It said "Great neighborhood! A block from St. Anthony and many parks. Place needs many updates". Yeah, I live in a good neighborhood! Now even better.

A few days later I came home and the neighbor was shoveling. I asked about the place. I guess the people living there were renting and couldn't make the rent so the owner was going into short sale. That made me feel a little better.

1 comment:

Mer-gee said...

I love you blog and it's not just because I feel guilty that I've never seen this expensive diy project!